Setting Up With Square
For quicker set up, it is recommended to use two browser tabs.
In one internet browser open Bid Beacon and navigate to Manage Auction
- Navigate to Payment Settings in left side menu
- Under How Will Guests Pay, click Online
- Below Configure Online Payment, select SETUP SQUARE
In a second internet tab, log in to the Square Developer Dashboard (this is not your usual sign in link) or create a new account then log in again through the link provided above.
- From the Applications screen, click Create your First Application (or if one already exists for this purpose, open it)
- Type in a name such as “Bid Beacon Auction” and click Save
- You should now see your application in blue, click Open
- Toggle from Sandbox to Production. Sandbox means test keys, production means live keys
- Click Show beside the Production Access Token, and then copy the token
- Return to the Bid Beacon tab to paste this key into the Access Token Field
- Return to the Square tab and in the left side menu, click Locations
- Copy the Location ID
- Return to your Bid Beacon tab and paste it into the Location ID field
- Scroll to the bottom of the Bid Beacon tab and Save
- Click the Test Payment button. Note that you will be using a real credit card to test a $1 payment. Once completed, a successful payment message will appear. *ensure you turn off any ad blockers for the payment modal to open
- Return to the Square tab and log out of the developers dashboard
- Log in to your standard dashboard using this link: Square Log in
- View your sales at a glance. The $1 payment should appear within minutes. This is where you can review and manage any payment made by your guests going forward.