Setting Up With PayPal
- Create a PayPal account in order to accept payments, you must upgrade to a business account which takes a few days.
- Login to the developer dashboard at https://developer.paypal.com/ and click your user name at top right and select ‘dashboard’
- Click ‘My Apps & Credentials’ if you are not taken there automatically.
- Create an App and name it something relevant to your auction
- Paypal has Sandbox keys for testing, and Live keys for accepting actual payments. You must use live keys only
- Ensure you select Live keys on the PayPal app list page:
- Click into your app
- Find your Client ID and Secret (you need to click ‘Show’ to reveal your secret)
- See Configuring Payment In Bid Beacon for more details